Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Sweet Mentality

Ever feel like a piece of candy? Like smarties, snickers, skittles, kit-kats or m&ms? I have. Right now I feel like a lollipop. A dum-dums lollipop, actually. Only 3 days after high-school graduation and I feel like a dum-dum, and it’s not just the name.

I’ve been advancing up the stick towards my target. My aim was to be on top, having achieved this success at last! But now, what is there? My ‘sweetness’ is stuck at the end of this stick and I can’t go further. If I do, I’ll end up in the dirt.

I’m stifled in this wrapper that advertises what is inside. The words on the outside excite me yet when the wrapper is unwrapped I feel insecure and vulnerable. As if I’m on display in a glass case.

What to do when one feels like a piece candy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meredith,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! You have some very interesting photos, too.

We enjoyed your graduation. I'm sure you know, it's very common to have a let down feeling after a big event that you've looked forward to for so long.

Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

Jen Baker