Friday, June 27, 2008

Perfect Contentment

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” - John 15.5


In the wave of these faces and people surrounding me
I’m continually pushed and shoved around
It seems as if everyone is trying to tear You away from me
But amidst the scrapes and bruises they cannot undo
Your presence that enfolds me
I am Lost wholly in You

I get caught up in the darkness of this world swirling around me
I keep look down, forgetting my purpose
This world is not my home yet in evokes depression upon my soul
You are my only God, faithful and true
When I am lost and not sure where to go, I must look up
I am Found forever in You

With more of Your presence pouring over me, streaming off my fingers and feet
In this moment I am overwhelmed at your love for me
For all I’ve done and yet to do, I don’t deserve a single thing and yet I am Yours and You are mine
I fall on my face, crying out to be renewed
I desire your plan for me, and to stay forever at Your feet
I am Broken truly in You

Picked up and thrown down upon the concrete of reality
My dreams, desires and goals lay in splinters around me, ready to cause pain if I dare move
My life seems so insecure, I was certain of the things uncertain now
I am crushed by the weight of continual failure, overwhelming rules
I cannot mend myself in my own strength
I am Complete only in You


“Where You are, is where I want to be
Come away Lover, Come away with me
Who You are, is who I want to be
Oh, my Jesus You are all I seek”
- Where You Are HMC Worship -

No comments: